July Favorites -Beauty, Skin Care, Entertainment and more-

Friday, July 31, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments


-Beauty-


Ever since the beginning of time (aka when I started wearing eyeliner) I have been using Maybelline's line stiletto to create my wing. For some reason I never bothered trying anything different, it worked well for me so I didn't see a reason to change I guess. I mean I had nothing else to compare it to.  However, the sponge tip was sort of starting to annoy me and I didn't really like the shiny finish it had. If I had all the money in the world I would have bought the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, but yo girl is on a budget. I came across the NYX matte liquid eyeliner at Ulta and decided to give it a go. It's a brush tip and matte so completely different then my past love but change turned out to be a good thing. This eyeliner is beautiful. I can create a perfectly tapered wing without any weird patchiness toward the end, not to mention I love the matte finish and the brush tip is the perfect size to go thin or thick. This stuff stays too, I was caught in a rain storm at a music festival last weekend and it didn't run at all.


Ah Real Techniques, take all of my money. I bought this brush to powder around my nose because that area has not been kind to me lately and let me tell you, it's perfect. Perfect size and perfect 'fluffyness' for loose powder. The end is tapered to a point so I know I'm not missing any areas around my nose and its soft as hell.


(L'oreal Paris True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator in Rose) I'm going to email L'oreal and tell them to stop with the long names, its getting ridiculous. This highlight powder doesn't have very good reviews but I decided just to get it anyway and honestly I don't know if I'm missing something but I like it? One of the main cons I noticed in reviews was that the glitter was too chunky but that really wasn't an issue with me. I like to use it to highlight the center of my eyelid and my tear duct when I'm rushing to do my makeup, also tops of cheek bones. I will admit the price was a little too much but I already bought it and I'm still liking it.


I went to a music festival last weekend and one thing I didn't want to worry about was constantly reapplying lipstick which would come off after every song I aggressively sang along to. Posietint really just brightens my natural lip color so I don't look like I have an insane color on but I don't look dead. Also it never comes off, so my lips looked alive for the whole day.

-Skin Care-


I bought this on a whim and now it never leaves my bag. A facial spray might seem like something pointless and I honestly thought so too until I got this one. It smells like roses so if your face is all sweaty/gross it makes you smell and feel cute again. It really helps with foundation breaking apart on my face too, I spray it and then pat around with my fingers while its still wet and the blends the foundation fresh again. Its got aloe in it so if you can feel your face burning in the sun (please always wear sunscreen) it cools that down. This product is something you don't think you need, but you do I promise.


I can always count on Burt's Bees. Their products have never agitated my sensitive skin and I honestly bow down to the hydration mask in the winter. I did some research about pores because I became fixated on the ones on my nose. I found out that Salicylic acid helps make them not so noticeable, not to mention I was breaking out like mad and wanted to try something new. When I saw this it basically checked off everything on my list; Acne, pore refining, exfoliating scrub AND 100% natural. Hell yeah. It's gentle enough on my skin that I can use it morning and night, but strong enough to remove the dry flakes. My acne cleared up pretty well in about a week and my pores on my nose are slowly becoming less noticeable.

-Other-
My Polaroid-  I finally bought film for 1 of my 3 polaroid cameras and was super pumped to find out the Sun 600 worked! I took it to the Hozier concert I went to this week and snapped this bad boy. The film I bought is the Impossible Project 600 Poisoned Paradise.

-Entertainment-


Oh my God, This movie. I'm awful at explaining movies so I'm just going to quote the info on Rotten Tomatoes. Which by the way, gave the movie a 99%! (Thats really freaking good.)

I Am Not a Hipster director Destin Daniel Cretton expands his 2008 short of the same name into a feature film depicting the struggles of a compassionate twentysomething contending with some unexpected life developments while working as a supervisor at a home for at-risk teens. Grace (Brie Larson) has dedicated her life to helping kids who have slipped through the cracks of the system. Committed to her job and in love with kindhearted co-worker Mason (John Gallagher Jr.), she's still struggling to make sense of her own troubled past when she learns that her life is about to change forever. Meanwhile, into the facility walks a young girl who's been constantly shifted between group homes due to dangerous behavior. Almost immediately, Grace forges a powerful connection with her new charge. Now if Grace can just open up to Mason the way she encourages her kids to open up to her, she may find a way to make peace with the future while still providing support to the kids who depend on her the most. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Everyone needs to watch this, its on Netflix too so there are no excuses really. Unless you don't have netflix like me, so mooch off of your amazing friend and watch this movie.

George Orwell 1984- I recently found out that Spotify has some Audiobooks (link) so while doing markdowns early in the morning at the mall I decided to listen to some. I really enjoy the "retro" radio readings and in this novels case I think it contributed to the overall feeling. I thought it was really interesting to hear what Orwell believed the future held for us in 1949. Its pretty haunting and dark but its a classic that I think everyone should cut out an hour to listen to!


Mopop 2015- A definite favorite for this month was going to Mopop 2015 in Detroit. It's a pretty tiny music festival with two stages that alternate bands, meaning its constant music but no one is playing at the same time as each other. I was most excited to see James Bay and he did not disappoint. It ended up pouring rain at the end of the first day while Iron & Wine with Ben Bridwell were playing. This is going to sound stupid but it was actually kind of amazing, sure they only got to play 4 songs but we were front row and it was so beautiful. I have already seen Saint Motel so I knew I wanted to see them again because they have the most amazing stage presence and all their music is super upbeat. Even though I was drenched at the end of the first day and dripping in sweat the second, It was really amazing and music is great.

Hozier- I also got to see Hozier again because my amazing friend bought us tickets for my birthday. I think these photos I took sum up the night pretty well (because I could talk about it forever).

(Speaking of...) Music- There is too much to put in this post (which is already pretty long) so I am going to do a separate one on what I have been listening to!

If you made it this far, thank you so much for reading! 
-Callie

0 comments :