L'oréal Infallible Pro- Matte and Maybelline Master Conceal DOUBLE REVIEW!

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments

I have no excuses as to why I haven't posted so lets just get going because I'm really excited about this.
-The Foundation-
I first heard about the L'oréal Infallible Pro-Matte foundation (why the long names) from Mirella's foundation review (link). I really value her opinion on beauty products because so far I have agreed with almost everything in her reviews, that being so I knew I had to try this foundation out.
When I first bought it I accidentally grabbed shade 102 which ended up being way to orange for my skin tone so I tried out 101 (the lightest shade) next. Unfortunately that shade was too light so I mix the two in different portions depending on how tan I am. I apply all my foundations with a damp real techniques makeup sponge just because this is what works best with my skin type. I did notice that if you want to apply the foundation as I do, make sure there is no excess water in the sponge (as in when you squeeze it, none should drip out). Having too much water in the sponge can cause the foundation to apply splotchy. Another thing that can cause that is not letting your moisturizer sink into the skin for at least 10 minutes before applying the foundation!
I know that this is a drugstore foundation but I was kind of surprised at the price? Maybe its just me but I was worried when I first purchased it because the tube is kind of small for over $10. It is on the pricier side for drugstore foundations but once I started to use it I realized it is pretty close to high end quality, so for that price I couldn't be mad. Also a little goes a long way, I usually apply a nickel sized portion onto the back of my hand and rarely find myself going back for more. 
The coverage is a pretty impressive medium. It conceals my redness so I rarely have to go back over a blemish with concealer. I avoid applying a lot under my eyes though because it sort of makes that area feel tight and dry, might just be me though! 
L'oréal was not joking when they said 24 hours because this is definitely an extremely long lasting foundation. I know I don't have to worry about it separating or just coming off on any surface that makes contact with my face. It's fantastic. I really don't have to use any powder to set because it does keep the oils at bay for a long time. I will only put a tiny bit on my t-zone however if I know I'm going to be sweating a lot. 
I have pretty dry skin meaning I do get patches of flakes frequently so I make sure to exfoliate before applying this foundation because I have noticed it can cling to those areas slightly. I am really impressed though that its 'pro-matte' qualities do not dry out my skin throughout the day.
If you are thinking about trying this foundation I suggest you do because it has become a favorite for many including me. 

-The Concealer-
Much like the foundation, I found out about the Maybelline master concealer from Mirella's concealer review (link). She was on a search for a concealer that did not crease, yes I do say 'was' because she found it and it was this one. 
I could rave about this concealer for a year if you let me, I'd run around drugstores throwing it in peoples carts, telling everyone who didn't even ask that it's the best... because it is. So lets get started.
I have the second to lightest shade which is simply titled 'light' which I use on blemishes and under my eyes. However, because it matches my skin tone perfectly it doesn't really brighten my under eye like I would want so I will probably buy the lightest shade 'Fair' soon for that exact purpose.
This concealer is not sticky at all, so it does not get stuck to itself and crease under the eye. Amazing. The coverage insane and you can apply layers on blemishes if needed without it getting caky. 
I find it awesome that even though the coverage is high, the formula is surprisingly light. I apply it by patting with my ring finger which helps melt it into the skin and blend well with foundation. 
The finish is dry but in a good way, as in no creases. Also no worry of it sticking to dry patches!
I really can say nothing bad about this concealer so try it out before you find it randomly in your cart at the drugstore.


Thank you so much for reading and if you try out either of these please let me know!
-Callie



0 comments :